Terms and Conditions
The 2018 Go Laadli – Lead Like a Girl Challenge
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win
The 2018 Go Laadli - Lead Like a Girl Challenge is a challenge organized by Go Laadli (a nonprofit corporation registered in Ohio, USA) asking Participants to develop a solution to address the issues girls/women face in India or in their community in particular (the “Challenge”).
- The Challenge is accessed via www.golaadli.org (the “Challenge Website”).
- The Challenge Period is from 15 April 2018 to 15 July 2018.
- By participating, the Participants (and parent and/legal guardian, if the participant is a minor) confirm that they have read and unconditionally agree to all of these Terms and Conditions and that they accept any and all of Go Laadli’s decisions regarding the Challenge as final and binding in all respects.
- “Challenge Materials” means the Submissions (as defined in Paragraph 4 hereof) and other materials generated by a Participant as part of their involvement in the Challenge.
- Go Laadli may share any Challenge Materials submitted by the Participants to third parties involved in the operation, evaluation or judging of the Challenge including, for the avoidance of doubt, for marketing and communications purposes. Go Laadli may also use such information for its internal purposes or in connection with outside studies or research or with respect to other charitable purposes. To the extent necessary, the Participant (and parent and /legal guardian, if the participant is a minor) hereby grants Go Laadli a license and right to publish, distribute, use display, and create derivative works from her Challenge Materials for the purposes described herein.
All Challenge Materials must be in the English language.
The Challenge is open only to girls in India (i) who are high school students in grades 9-12; (ii) whose school and teacher and/supervising NGO administrator have chosen to participate in the Challenge and (iii) if a minor participant, have obtained their parent’s or legal guardian’s prior permission to enter the Challenge. Minor participants must have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian to be able to receive any award in the challenge. By participating in the Challenge, Participants (and parent/legal guardian, if the participant is a minor) warrant that they meet these eligibility requirements.
- Eligible students wishing to participate in the Challenge must each register online on the Challenge Website.
- An eligible student may not register more than one true and uniform identity; multiple registrations for a participant using multiple identities are not allowed. Go Laadli reserves the right to disqualify any Submission made by a Participant violating this limitation, regardless of whether all of the respective parties had knowledge of such violation.
- Eligible students are required to register in advance of any deadlines for the submission of Challenge Materials, and must comply with all other deadlines posted on this website.
- The registration period for participating in the Competition is from 1 April 2018 – 14 July 2018 inclusive (the “Registration Period”).
- All Participants must provide a valid e-mail address as part of the registration process. Participants are responsible for updating their e-mail address if it changes during the Challenge Period.
- Go Laadli reserves the right to check the validity of the registration information submitted by a Participant at any stage during the Challenge and to ask for evidence of student status from the school cited by the Participant.
- Go Laadli also reserves the right to refuse participation, or to disqualify, at any time during the Competition, Participants who have submitted incorrect or misleading information. Participants who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions may also be disqualified from the Challenge without further notice.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all times mentioned in the Challenge materials are based on Eastern Standard Time (EST).
4. The Challenge Calendar
The Challenge will be conducted in two Stages – Stage 1 and Stage 2
- April 1, 2018 - July 14th, 2018: Registration Period. Eligible Students can register to participate in the Challenge.
- April 15th - July 15th, 2018: Participants can formally submit their Stage 1 Submissions for evaluation via emailing email@example.com
- July 15, 2018: Deadline for submission of Stage 1 Submissions. Submissions must be received on or before July 15, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST
- August 15th, 2018: Finalists announced
- August 16th to August 30th, 2018: Stage 2 - Personal Interviews.
- September 2018: Declaration of Challenge winners
Together Stage 1 Submissions and Stage 2 Interviews shall be referred to as “the Submissions”
5. Evaluation Criteria
The judging criteria can be obtained from the Challenge webpage and will be considered for Stage 1 evaluations. Stage 2 evaluations will go in further depth around the same judging criteria used for Stage 1 evaluations. Participants with an annual family income of less then 2.5 lakh will be considered in the Needs Based Category. Participants may submit a concept more than one year in a row as long as they have never made it to the final round with that concept. It will be assumed by Go Laadli that the Participant has made a significant progress on the concept the Participant is resubmitting. If it is discovered, Participants are submitting the exact same concept more than once, they will be disqualified.
6. Challenge Requirements, Submissions and Selection of the Winners
- Participants are required to obtain a copy of the Challenge worksheet from the Challenge Website and follow the guidelines on the Challenge Website regarding Submissions.
- Participants are also required to fill and submit a short feedback survey on the Challenge website to move to the next round of the Challenge. The survey is a compulsory component of the Challenge and must be submitted to move to the next round.
- Submissions may not be libelous, offensive, obscene or in violation of intellectual property rights or rights of privacy or publicity and Go Laadli reserves the right to disqualify a Participant if a Submission or any part thereof falls under one of these categories.
- Stage 1 Submissions will be assessed by independent judges that are external to Go Laadli (the “Stage 1 Judges”). The assessment process will be anonymous and confidential. To ensure anonymity in assessment, no names of Participants or their schools/cities will be shared with the Stage 1 Judges. The decision of the Stage 1 Judges as to which Participants should progress to Stage 2 will be based on the evaluation criteria set out above. The decisions of the Stage 1 Judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into on that matter.
- Up to 10 Participants will be selected to progress to Stage 2 (the “Finalists”).
- Stage 2 interviews will be assessed by a panel of independent judges that are external to Go Laadli (the “Stage 2 Judges”). Final evaluation will be done by considering the Submissions from both Stage 1 and Interviews in Stage 2. Up to 5 contestants will be declared as winners (Winners) of the Challenge. The decision of the Judges will be based on the criteria set out above. The Judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into on that matter.
- If at any stage in the Challenge a Participant is disqualified from the Challenge or a Participant cannot be traced or contacted after reasonable efforts have been made by Go Laadli, that Participant will forego the right to progress to the next stage of the Challenge and Go Laadli at its sole discretion may arrange for a replacement Participant to be selected.
All correspondence throughout the Challenge must be in the English language.
- The Challenge Website will aim to cover many of the questions that Participants and other interested parties may have. Any additional questions or comments concerning the Challenge should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go Laadli makes no guarantee of an answer or a time in which an answer may be given. Go Laadli reserves the right not to answer a question if, in the Go Laadli’s opinion, an answer would give an unfair advantage to certain Participants.
- Participants who have received unofficial or content sensitive information relating to the Challenge with the intent of allowing an unfair competitive advantage, from any party involved with the Competition must immediately inform Go Laadli by email to email@example.com
- The top 5 contestants (including in the needs based category) will be awarded upto INR 1 Lakh as scholarship for college (undergraduate) expenses
- Disbursement details of the award will be discussed with the winners individually
- The Winners will be matched one-to-one with mentors in the United States
- Mentors will work with mentees on goal setting, leadership development, education and career exploration
Girl Advisory Board (GAB)
- The Winners and Participants demonstrating strong interest will be connected with each other through GAB. GAB will be an opportunity for girls to develop their change making potential and exercise their leadership skills.
- Girls will participate in and contribute to Go Laadli’s decision-making, thus exercising their leadership and ensuring that Go Laadli programming is aligned with their needs and wants.
- Additionally, GAB programming will have workshops on change making and leadership skills including topics such as empathy, visibility and voice, creative and critical thinking, self-efficacy leading to agency, engagement in communities and changemaking facilitated by experts.
9. Intellectual Property
- Participants, or if they are a minor, their parents or legal guardians, both individually and on their behalf agree to allow Go Laadli to (without any remuneration) use, represent, and reproduce their name, image, biography and words for any purpose in connection with the promotion of the Challenge and/or Go Laadli (including, without limitation, in conjunction with any Submission, Challenge Materials and/or Recording) by all means, in any kind of medium and format and in any territory.
- By submitting an entry to the Challenge, the Participant warrants that the content of the entry is entirely of that Participant’s own creation and does not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights (including, without limitation patents, copyrights, visual materials in whatever form, sound recordings, any copyright protectable work, designs, trade or services marks, database rights, rights in know-how, rights protecting goodwill and reputation, moral rights or other similar rights in any country, in each case whether or not registered, and any applications for registration of any of the foregoing, and all rights to apply to register any of the foregoing) of any other person. If it is discovered that any entry is not the original creation of the appropriate Participant and/or breaches and other person’s intellectual property rights, Go Laadli shall be entitled to disqualify that entry and the appropriate Participants from the Challenge.
10. Claims and Disputes
- Any Participant suspected by Go Laadli of plagiarism may be investigated, and, if deemed appropriate by Go Laadli (in its absolute discretion), disqualified from the Challenge.
- Participants should notify Go Laadli of any disputes regarding the Challenge within one (1) calendar month of the end of the Challenge by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word 'Dispute' included the subject header.
- Go Laadli’s decision and discretion on any dispute shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into on that matter.
11. General Conditions
By submitting the Challenge Materials, the Participant (and their parent/ legal guardian, if the Participant is a minor) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Go Laadli and their partners, agents, officers, directors and representatives from any claims, damages, expenses, or losses of any kind or nature arising out of their participation in the Challenge and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any Award. Go Laadli does not assume responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Challenge applications or application forms; or alteration of applications or application forms. Go Laadli is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any application to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Participants’ or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to this Challenge. Go Laadli shall not be liable to Participants (and parent and/legal guardian, if the participant is a minor) under or in connection with the Challenge for any indirect, economic or consequential loss or for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of use or loss of reputation. Go Laadli reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge in whole or in part at any time. Go Laadli may at its sole discretion disqualify a Participant from participating further in the Challenge if the Participant shows a disregard for these Terms and Conditions or acts in any unsporting or disruptive manner. Go Laadli reserves the right to unilaterally amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Go Laadli reserves the right to terminate, alter, or suspend this process and Challenge at any time. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is declared by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions will be not affected or impaired in any way. These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with and governed by the laws of Ohio and the United States of America and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Cuyahoga county, Ohio, United States of America. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Challenge are hereby excluded and any Participant (and their parent/legal guardian, if the Participant is a minor) expressly waives any and all such rights. Certain restrictions may apply.
12. Contact Information
You may contact us with any questions or comments about these Terms and Conditions. Please enter The Lead Like a Girl Challenge: Terms and Conditions in the subject line of your email. You may reach us at: email@example.com